2011年9月13日 星期二

What Happened to Me

I had, one of those life changing events, that i swear i will not do the same thing, like someone. That someone, is a drunk driver. WHen i was 12 in the U.S, i suffered in a terrible car accident. Me and my friends were riding in his mom's car. It was saturday and we were just about to go watch a movie. While everything was going smooth, out of nowhere, a truck rammed out of the drive way on the left and hit our car right on the sides. What happened after that, i couldn't remember. The next time i woke up, i was lying in a pile of dirt and blood. My friend lay in the pile of blood by my side. My whole body bruised and i think i couldn't feel my arm. I tried to stay awake, and climbed over to where my friend is bleeding. I didn't know how to check his pulses when i was little, i just hoped he would live. I slapped him again and again telling him not to follow the light. Well, that was my interpretation of death when i was little. The tears and blood mixed and trickled down onto his face, i cried and prayed for the best in my heart. As the crowd of people gathers around of us, someone finally called 911. I didn't give a crap about the driver with the truck, i just cared about if my friend and his family would live. I gathered up the last of my strength and managed to walk towards my friend's mom, checking if she's fine as well. As i move closer to the other remaining scraps of the car, my heart froze, as i realized she was stuck inside the car. The smell of gasoline around me clogged up my sense. The taste of bitter blood mixed with tears felt sour. I screamed in pain as i remembered the sight just before our car crash, the truck coming closer and closer and then smashed into our car. As the thought of death to the two of my friends blossom in the depth of my mind, i finally fainted. When i woke up, the doctor told me the truck driver was smoking while driving, and didn't notice us. My friend lived, but his mother died, the pain inside me grew deeper and deeper, and i swore that i will never smoke.

沒有留言:

張貼留言